In these extraordinary times we have a variety of ways in which you can connect with St Andrew's Church in Feniton.
You can read this website. We'll let you know here how you can join in worhsip 'virtually' and what other changes we will be making so that we can all keep in touch even though we can't meet in person.
Click 'Read More' below to do just that and also read Rev Dave's update regarding arrangements for mothering Sunday.
We have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/efpchurch/
There is a new Facebook Group for members of the Escot, Feniton and Payhembury Churches: https://www.facebook.com/groups/506680043324026/
And Storytime has its own Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2007942882618686/?source_id=377748455728084
Update from Rev Dave (21 March 2020) about the (many) different ways you can celebrate Mothering Sunday tomorrow:
- The BBC are adapting their programming schedules in response to the current crisis.
- Radio Devon: 8-8.30am A special service with the Archbishop of Canterbury
3.30pm Sunday service
- Radio 4: 8.10-8.45am Sunday worship (as Radio Devon)
- BBC1: 11.45-12.15 Sunday Worship
- Bishop Jackie will be broadcasting a 15-min pre-recorded act of worship for Mothering Sunday, via the Diocese website, https://exeter.anglican.org/ and the Diocese of Exeter Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CofEDevon .
- Some churches in Devon are livestreaming a ’service’, see https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/coronavirus-guidance/coronavirus-resources/ .
- I plan to record at home later today a 15+ min simple act of worship.
- It will... use selections from the liturgy planned for tomorrow’s Escot church Mothering Sunday service - I’ve attached the service sheet.
- embrace Mothering Sunday and the current situation.
- include a short visual reflection.
- include a ‘Communion' part.
- On Sunday morning, it will be uploaded onto Facebook ('St Andrew’s Feniton’ page, 'EFP Churches’ group, and my own), onto the googledrive, and possibly the EFP website (depending on file size). Here is the link to the video:
- You can either:
- watch it at any time
- at 10.30am, watch it with those who wish to do so 'together’ as a dispersed community.
- If you wish to do this, I suggest you have with you:
- a printed service sheet, ‘Prayer for a pandemic’, Bible readings if you wish (all attached and on the googledrive).
- a candle - plus three further ones if you have them.
- a flower.
- some bread, and some wine or alternative - I won’t be consuming any in the video, but will do so tomorrow morning in the 10.30am slot.
- It won’t include hymns! All your favourites will be on Youtube, though, so you could listen before or after if you wish - and sing along to your heart’s content...
- A reminder that the googledrive is at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GZ9aby-pGhVCxc8Y_JgWT4PCXUZ79jhI?usp=sharing . If it's helpful to have a single link to the video, I will email round a link directly to this once uploaded - watch your inbox.
- The 'EFP Churches' Facebook group is now up and running, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/506680043324026/ .
- This is likely to be a very helpful shared church 'space’.
- If you’re not yet on Facebook, do consider it, and let me know via Facebook or email if you join it, to ensure you can be invited to the EFP group.