- Written by Super User
For previous Worship videos see HERE
Sunday 29 November 2020
Dear EFP church folk,
Welcome to Advent tomorrow - the church’s New Year
Advent offers hope in winter's darkness. And hope is rarely needed more than now.
We know the days will lengthen again - the solstice isn't far away now! - and hope for returning light.
So we look forward in hope to celebrate Christ’s incarnation at Christmas, and reach out in hope for the shining of his light in our communities and hearts.
Reflections for Advent
Becky has assembled suggestions for daily reflections through Advent.
Do draw on one of these.
So attached are -
With thanks to Becky.
Tomorrow, Advent Sunday -
Tier 2 church
- As from next Sunday 6th Dec, we can return to having services in church. On Sun 6th it will be the St Andrew’s Patronal Festival at Feniton (10.30am).
- However, the rules under Tier 2 are more restrictive than they were before Lockdown 2.
- The key statement is:
- Places of Worship: "Open, but cannot interact with anyone outside household or support bubble."
- So no social interaction is sadly permissible whilst we are inside the church.
- Outside the building, the Rule of Six applies regarding social mixing.
If we move to Tier 1, the equivalent inside rule is:
- "Open, but cannot interact with more than six people.”, i.e. the Rule of Six apples inside.
Sunday video reflections will continue next week, as before Lockdown 2.
- We cannot safely host normal carol services or Christingles.
- There will be an EFP video Carol Service. This will be available on Sun 13th Dec. Musicians and readers are hard at work recording!
- There will be ‘normal’ (non-special) Sunday Communion services - 13th Payhembury, 20th Escot.
- There will be Christmas Night and Christmas Morning Communion services as usual. On Christmas Morning in Payhembury, we provisionally hope to gather on the Green, subject to confirmation.
Out-door carol-singing is permissible with restrictions. Discussions are yet to be had about this.
Picture of the week:
A Feniton lamb this week. Hope??
I’m taking some time off during this coming week.
Take care, and God bless,
Team Vicar for Escot, Feniton & Payhembury, Otter Vale Team