24 December 2020
Dear EFP church folk,
Happy Christmas Eve. The strangest of Christmases is nearly here.
I hope that whatever Christmas Day will look like for you, yours is a joyful and peaceful Christmas, as we celebrate the day from which the world would always have Hope.
Christmas Communion video - 30-mins service for Christmas Eve / Christmas Day -
Service sheet: (Click HERE for straight printing and HERE for the paginated version) - you will need this for the words!
You are invited to share Communion at home.
I invite you to join in with the video, if you’re not coming to one of the church services.
Tonight: Midnight Communion 11.30pm, Feniton and Payhembury.
(the Feniton service is ON)
- Think carefully Covid-wise about coming (Tier 2 guidance below)
- and if coming to Feniton: WRAP UP VERY WARM! the boiler has broken down
Family Communion 9am Escot (Tier 2 guidance below)
NO service (or Blessings on the Green) in Payhembury
NO Joint service at Feniton (or anywhere else) - this is Cancelled (due to the boiler)
Some sad news.
Iris Gwernan-Jones (Ruth’s mother-in-law) died last week, aged 96.
She became a much loved member of the Feniton congregation since moving to the Gittisham care home. She will be deeply missed.
A note from Ruth and Alun and the family is attached (HERE). This includes information about her funeral in the New Year.
Take care, stay well, and have a happy Christmas.
Tier 2 guidance -
If planning to come to the services -
- consider carefully whether you should attend.
- particularly if you are in a vulnerable group.
- use the video Communion alternative if you would feel safer.
- remember the Tier 2 rule:
- no social mixing in the church
- Rule of Six outside
- please sanitise your hands on arrival
- scan in with QR code if you have a smart phone